Sunday, July 6, 2008

How ya been Nigel? Weird.

Hey Fam,
Hey, this is just going to be a regular weekly post, but if anyone wants to read about BYS or Brian Regan, I'll just send that in a separate email.

Monday I woke up late, so wasn't able to shower, pack a lunch or even get much water before I had to go to work. Work was good, the first really hot day for me I think, so hot in fact that I ran out of water about halfway through the day. The guy I was working with was nice though, so he bought me a nice, cool caffeinated beverage that I quickly drained (haha, just kidding. I actually dumped small amounts of it into his drink every time he wasn't around and drank delicious gas station water instead). That night Mom and Dad came home late.

Tuesday I got up early to go to Twin Falls with Jake Flake, which was fine, then home to welcome Cassidy back! Sweet! I was so glad to get my little sister back! That night we had blow-by-blows for Cassidy's California experience and then Dillon's and mines EFY reports. Pretty fun.

Wednesday I worked with Uncle Brad in Emmett.

Thursday I worked with Dustin in Boise and Dillon, Cassidy, Whitney and I all slept on the trampoline.

Friday I woke up on the trampoline around eight as the sun started to get really bright. Sleeping on the trampoline is loads of fun, but not really very resting. None of us slept very well except for maybe Cassidy, who probably would have slept another hour had Dad not turned the sprinklers on… Anyways, Whitter and I left to go pick up our dates around 11:30, her’s in Emmett (Nigel Youngberg) and mine in Boise (Carissa Jones. She's a real cool girl who was in mine and Whitney's group at last year’s BYS) and then we hit a couple other places (Wal-Mart and Whitney’s old apartment) before we made it to the river. It was AWESOME, tons of people obviously but still a whole lot of fun though things did get a little hairy at the end. You see Whitney and I are both retarded, so we didn’t figure we’d need paddles, which of course turned out to be a problem when we weren’t able to move the boat out of the way of this fallen tree near Ann Morrison Park. It was pretty terrifying actually, the log gashed a whole in the boat, air and water was spraying in mine and Carissa’s faces, then we were all dumped out when the raft snagged on the tree, except Whitney who got caught in these ropes and couldn’t seem to manage to get her head up for something like thirty seconds, fifteen of which the rest of us were freaking out trying to swim upstream and untangle her… It was a bad situation, and I’m glad we’ve learned our lesson. Anyways, from there we walked back to Whitney’s old apartment where we waited for some of the others to get back before we headed over to the Gemtek Barbecue. Pretty fun, good food, football, all that fun stuff. I was just glad that Carissa’s BYS counselor from this year was one of the technicians’ girlfriends; it might’ve been REAL boring for her otherwise. After that was the Boise Hawks game, which was pretty fun, then I took her home (she had to be back at nine), hanged out with her family for a little while and then went back to the game to watch Boise win and FIREWORKS!! Haha, I love the 4th of July…

Saturday I had off, so I did some chores, watched Sarah’s kids a little, and later that night went over to Nic’s house with Cassidy to hang out. Pretty fun.

Well I guess that’s it for now.
Keep it real,

Derek

3 comments:

Flake Family said...

Derek- cool pictures dude...stay cool..
-cass

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

I love your story about getting rid of the caffine! What a good boy!

Flake Family said...

Who is uncle brad?