Monday, October 20, 2008

7-9-3, I'm talkin' 'bout H-S-B...

This bright red tree in our front yard

Me, BreAnn Walker (her grandpa and Jeremy’s dad are brothers) and our pumpkin


Dear Fam,

Here’s the update (emphasis on DATE):

SCHOOL: Am I just making this up, or did one of you tell me senior year would be easy? One of you lied! This year’s workload has, without any exaggeration, been the five times more trouble than any other year of school I’ve ever had. I don’t know if its just because I have a small procrastination problem or if I was just taking easy classes for the last eleven years of school, but I’ve for sure never had so much homework, never had such trouble with classes and never been stressed out more in my life! Man! Anyways, I’m pretty chill about it normally and I’m sure its great preparation for college…

FOOTBALL: We’re almost done! Two more games and then a short two-week break before basketball! I’m really pumped. As much as I’ve enjoyed playing so much in the games and tackling people and all of the fun stuff, I am very ready for football to be over and to move on to the next sport.

CHURCH: Well, church is great! How I love having one day where I’m not even allowed to do homework! In a month our branch will have NINE priests and one teacher. Crazy, huh? Man, our quorum is so cool! I cannot wait until we all start going on missions, it will just be AWESOME.

Anyways, I think that’s it. I attached my essays for my BYU application to the email, and I’d really appreciate any input anyone had before I send them in (probably Wednesday).

Keep it real everyone,

D Rawk

2 comments:

Kustin and Jelsey said...

Good post Derek. Keep up the good work.
Justin

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

I am one of them peeps that said senior year was easy - of course I skipped most of senior year...anyway, it definitely is good prep for college. you are a good guy - stay cool.